From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which IPSEC to go?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:48:33
1 kashani wrote:
2 > On 1/24/2010 1:38 PM, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> since I am a while out of the game of doing ipsec with Linux:
6 >> What's the way to go? Strongswan/Openswan or ipsec-tools for
7 >> kame/racoon.
8 >>
9 >> Emerge -p gave me some ~ for ipsec-tools while openswan goes without.
10 >>
11 >> Any input welcome. I need this for a road warrior setup.
12 >
13 > Use Openvpn. Way simpler, has a client for all the major OSs, and most
14 > importantly isn't based on annoying ipsec. You can use Openvpn between
15 > servers as well to setup tunnels.
16 >
17 > kashani
18 >
19 FWIW: I tried installing openvpn client on windows-7 ~a month ago and
20 failed. So, I'm not sure its win7 compatible.
21 Amit