From: Franta <sdoma@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Can bash do comments on files?
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:32:52
1 On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 08:03 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > I remember a little MSDOG shell utility called 4dos. It alllowed me
3 > to store comments that would appear alongside the filename. Can
4 > anyone point to a way to do this transparently and easily with bash?
5 > I don't want to run any extra programs if I can avoid it. I do like
6 > dired for emacs, though.
7 >
8 > Thanks for any ideas. I refer to this list because I can't think
9 > where else to look.
10 >
11 > Alan Davis
12
13 Hi,
14
15 the idea is fine. How did DOS show the comments? ``dir /c'' ???
16 How would you like to see then with bash ``ls --comment'' ???
17
18 Hmmm.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list