From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preserved-rebuild, avidemux and mplayer
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:54:50
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > I'm in the middle of a world update. I'm sort of doing it in parts
4 > because of the device-mapper issue. Anyway, I keep getting the
5 > @preserved-rebuild at the end of the emerge. I run it and it wants to
6 > run it again. When I run it again, it wants to run it again. It's the
7 > same packages over and over again. This is the outputs:
8
9 [...]
10 > and this just repeats. Those are in reverse order by the way.
11 >
12 > I'm not a magician but I need a magic trick.
13
14 Abracadabra... rm /var/lib/portage/preserved_libs_registry
15
16 Be sure to have emerged the @preserved-rebuild stuff at least once, then
17 you are safe.
18