From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gcc complains about TLS and errno; I baffled
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:28:12
1 On Thursday 16 November 2006 22:03, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I'm trying to compile a program that works on Solaris with gcc, but
3 > won't complile
4 > under Linux (either FC5 or Gentoo). It seems to be because writing
5 > int errno;
6 > works under Solaris gcc-3.4.3 (well, it passes the compiler anyway),
7 > but under Linux
8 > gcc-3.4.6 or -4.1.0 one has to
9 > #include <errno.h>
10 > which makes more sense. I would just make the change, but I'm
11 > baffled by the error message Linux gcc gives to the first
12 > declaration. It reads:
13 >
14 > /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bi
15 >n/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches
16 > non-TLS reference in /tmp/cc6urgct.o
17 > /lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value
18 >
19 > But when I try to look up TLS, all I get is a bunch of stuff about a
20 > server-to-server
21 > email security protocol. What is it talking about here, and where
22 > can I find out about it?
23
24 It would appear to be a an issue between linuxthreads and nptl. How are
25 your nptl and nptlonly USE flasg set?
26
27 This post that I find on google may start to give you more answers. It's
28 for a completely different package but the problem and solution seesmto
29 be the same as yours:
30
31 http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-dev-archive-2006-01/0020.shtml
32