From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to check what cause a use flag
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 23:20:16
1 On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie) writes:
3 >
4 >> Hi, all
5 >> Recently when I'm trying sync and upgrade the whole system with
6 >>
7 >> emerge -DNnav --with-bdeps=y @system @world
8 >>
9 >> I've got erlang with wxwidgets use flag. On my another gentoo box,
10 >> uprading erlang didn't build with this flag.
11 >>
12 >> emerge --info shows my final use flag DOES have wxwidgets (while another
13 >> box doesn't have). So how can I find out what cause this?
14 >
15 > I assume grep wxwidgets /etc/make.conf does not give anything on both
16 > machines. But does eselect profile list show different profiles?
17 >
18 > /usr/portage/profiles/ChangeLog has this entry:
19 >
20 > 16 Apr 2012; Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
21 > targets/desktop/make.defaults: Enable wxwidgets by default as discussed in
22 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_fdc392cc98c7eea216175521d87b9955.xml
23 >
24 >        Wonko
27 Excellent point about the profile. I hadn't considered that as I
28 hardly think about them.
29
30 profile first, then make.conf, then package.use I guess.
31
32 - Mark