From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Core i7 M620 power management problem
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:10:34
1 On Thursday 30 December 2010 16:45:07 Bill Longman wrote:
2 > On 12/29/2010 11:59 PM, Mick wrote:
3 > > Did you try changing the default to CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND
4 > > ?
5 >
6 > Yes, Mick, that was my first governor. I thought I'd try to see if it
7 > would behave at top speed if I set it to "performance". No luck, though.
8 > And I can easily change the governor. It swaps out to any of the
9 > installed governors with aplomb, although I have to do this manually. I
10 > can't change governors from gkrellm, for instance. If I change it
11 > manually, the new governor shows up there, but it's read-only so to speak.
12
13 Is there a plugin for gkrellm that does governors? Can't find it on mine.
16 > I don't know if the idle controller has anything to do with this but
17 > here is what my idle controller looks like:
18 >
19 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle
20 > 08:43:14# ls -l;cat current_*
21 > total 0
22 > -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Dec 30 08:43 current_driver
23 > -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Dec 30 08:43 current_governor_ro
24 > intel_idle
25 > menu
26
27 Although different CPU my cpuidle is exactly as shown above.
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick