From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - SSL certificate authorities
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:01:15
1 Antoine wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > We are going to set up ssl on a webserver at work and I guess that means
4 > we need a certificate... does anyone have any useful alternatives to
5 > Verisign? Are they really worth the name?
6
7 Well, If you really need official certificate from some CA, have a look
8 in your web-browser, it has certificates for most known authorities
9 already installed (thawte, verisign, geotrust, Entrust.net, Equifax,
10 IPS Seguridad, just to name a few of them).
11
12 IMHO, Verisignt and Thawte are the best known (but I don't say they
13 are the best).
14
15 You may try using self-signed certificate, or get one from cacert\
16 free of charge:
17 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_cacert.org_SSL_certificates
18
19 Jarry