From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome 2.16 and FAM
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:12:40
1 Fredrik Tolf wrote:
2 > I just noticed that Gnome 2.16 wants Gamin instead of SGI FAM. I don't,
3 > though, since I use NFS and, last I looked, Gamin doesn't support
4 > monitoring NFS exports, unlike SGI FAM.
7 AFAIK it polls.
8
9 > Does anyone know if it's really necessary to use Gamin instead of SGI
10 > FAM with Gnome 2.16, and, if not, how to make emerge not do that?
13 gnome-base/gnome/gnome-2.16.1.ebuild doesnt dep on either of them, and
14 contains:
15
16 einfo "To take full advantage of GNOME's functionality, please emerge"
17 einfo "gamin, a File Alteration Monitor."
18 einfo "Make sure you have inotify enabled in your kernel ( >=2.6.13 )"
19 einfo
20 einfo "Make sure you rc-update del famd and emerge unmerge fam if you"
21 einfo "are switching from fam to gamin."
22 einfo
23 einfo "If you have problems, you may want to try using fam instead."
26 Regards,
27 T.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list