From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: world rebuild with gcc-6.3.0 - not completely there yet
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 17:11:41
1 On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Rasmus Thomsen
2 <Rasmus.thomsen@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > libxcb just requires you to build it with -O1 when you want to use its 32bit
6 > libraries with GCC 6 (dunno about older versions off GCC).
7 > Personally, I haven't encountered any problems with GCC 6.3 other than
8 > libxcb.
9 >
10 > Regards,
11 > Rasmus
12
13 It might not matter for anyone on this list, but it seems like GCC 6
14 doesn't support hardening properly. I'm kind of disappointed that they
15 seem to want to skip it but I can understand the amount of work they
16 might be avoiding.