From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Alsa equalizer won't work
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 20:44:51
1 Hi to all,
2
3 I got a problem with alsa equalizer (media-plugins/alsaequal) setup. The
4 error that I get is:
5
6 % LANG=en alsamixer -D equal ALSA lib
7 ctl_equal.c:268:(_snd_ctl_equal_open) Problem with control file
8 .alsaequal.bin, 3. cannot open mixer: Operation not permitted
9
10 And when I login as root I get the same error. Meantime, the sound is
11 working and I hear the noise when doing:
12
13 % speaker-test -D plug:plugequal -c 2
14
15 The only alsa configuration file present is ~/.asoundrc (no /etc/asound.conf).
16 So it doesn't look like misconfiguration to me.
17
18 I use the stable branch of Gentoo on Thinkpad X201 laptop.
19
20 In Debian [that I have been migrating from] it was "just working". Am I
21 missing something?
22
23 Thanks in advance.