From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I really clean up gentoo?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 04:17:31
1 A while back I used find_cruft <https://github.com/vaeth/find_cruft/> (mv
2 overlay <http://gpo.zugaina.org/app-portage/find_cruft>). IIRC, I had to
3 do a lot of configuration to eliminate most false positives but it left me
4 with a very thorough list of files worth deleting.
5
6 On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7
8 > On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:57:09 -0300, João Matos wrote:
9 >
10 > > I'm used to clean /usr/portage/distfiles, /usr/src, but today, I've
11 > > found many files of packages I no longer use at '/var/lib'. Plex
12 > > folder, for instance, was taking 2GB. Some folders at /var/lib I don't
13 > > even know if is still been used.
14 >
15 > Portage only cleans up files it installed. So if you installed Plex,
16 > added a few GB of movies and then uninstalled it, the movies are still
17 > there. Portage cleans up after its actions, you have to clean up after
18 > yours :-)
21 > --
22 > Neil Bothwick
23 >
24 > Did you know that eskimos have 17 different words for linguist ?
25 >