From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hal and ejected DVD not unmounting
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:01:48
1 On Sunday 28 June 2009 22:55:50 Dale wrote:
2 > I just push the button on the drive. I have always done it that way.
3 > At one time the eject thing in the KDE menu wouldn't actually eject. It
4 > just sat there blinking at me. :/
5 >
6 > Should I use the menu and not the button?
7
8 I think you should use KDE's eject function, then eject manually if the disc
9 doesn't come out by itself.
10
11 I also think your expectations are completely reasonable - if hal polls the cd
12 drive every two seconds to find when a disc is in it and then mount it,
13 *surely* it should umount the disc when it knows for an absolute fact that the
14 disc is no longer present. I can't think of a single reason why hal should
15 every leave a disc mounted that isn't there any more ...
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com