From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-lang/php-5.6
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 07:13:47
1 Am Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:00:40 -0700
2 schrieb thelma@×××××××××××.com:
3
4 > On 02/27/2017 02:11 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > On 27/02/2017 22:14, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
6 > >> When will they drop the dev-lang/php-5.6.30 from the portage?
7 > >
8 > > If you copy the ebuild into your local overlay, then never
11 > I'll do it just in case but eventually I'll be force to upgrade.
12 > I've upgraded 4-old boxes, three more to go + apache-2.4
13
14 I'm running an overlay for that matter:
15
16 https://github.com/kakra/php-graveyard
17
18 It will receive php-5.6 as soon as it leaves the main repository.
19
20 But PLEASE, take note, that this receives no security updates. It's
21 purpose is only to be able to still run installations which cannot be
22 ported to newer PHP versions.
23
24 Also, I can only give very limited support if something won't compile.
25 The overlay exists for the purpose of running our own boxes with legacy
26 PHP web applications and still being able to apply other security
27 updates and do the resulting PHP rebuilds.
30 Regards,
31 Kai
32
33 Replies to list-only preferred.