From: Greg Bur <greg.bur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/issue information
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:38:04
1 On 2/27/06, Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Richard,
4 >
5 > > Those escape characters are recognized only by the getty program,
6 > > which is used for console logins. You should still be able to use the
7 > > color setting escape sequences, since those are terminal escapes. But
8 > > the substitution stuff is getty specific, and will not work with ssh.
9 >
10 > thanks for sharing this info. It comes completely new for me. So, as
11 > far as i understand, there is no way of having this info with ssh
12 > login? Am i right?
15 Look and see if you have an /etc/issue.net
16
17 All of my old RedHat boxes used that file to display a logon banner via
18 ssh.