From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage3 only for i486?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:14:49
1 On 03/04/2013 17:37, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 April 2013 08:59:51 Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 >> To this day on the servers at work I *still* reach to
10 >> USE="-avahi -zeroconf -mdns -ldap -gnutls nls -other-bundled-crap"
14 > Seeing -gnutls in there prompted me to go and find out why I have it on
15 > this box. Turns out that phonon requires it, indirectly, and is itself
16 > pulled in by several core components of KDE and QT.
20 > So no doing without it hereabouts.
23 :-)
24
25 that's not my really real USE - it's just a bunch of flags I whipped up
26 to illustrate. Many people would want to disable some of those, it was
27 an easy way to show that Gentoo lets your tweak what support you want as
28 opposed to Centos which does not
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com