From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 07:53:42
1 On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:22 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi. I have been trying to get systemd to boot, but I have run into
3 > several problems and need some help. I am using everything but /boot as
4 > lvm's, with a separate user partition. I had to copy systemd to /sbin
5 > because the initrd looks for the realinit too soon, but that is maybe
6 > another matter.
7
8 Moving systemd to /sbin sounds like it's not going to work. Run
9 readelf -d /usr/lib/systemd/systemd; all the NEEDED libraries on
10 /usr/lib should be available to the binary at the time it's being
11 executed.
12
13 How did you get your initramfs? dracut? genkernel? Roll your own?
14
15 > I had set confirm_spawn=y in the kernel command line, but it only waits
16 > a short time and then says assuming positive response and tries to
17 > continue -- how can I get it to wait for me? Also, even so, it died on
18 > mounting of my lvms, saying there was some kind of timeout and came to a
19 > complete halt (maybe it was a shell, but no prompt) after all those
20 > failed, so I could do nothing much. Openrc works fine, but I was trying
21 > to get gnome to work, so I was trying to use systemd.
22 >
23 > It saved no logs (none I can find), but then again /var was not mounted.
24 >
25 > Any help with this would be appreciated.
26
27 I use dracut for my initramfs; I would recommend you to try it.
28 However, last time I tried to use it with LVM (a few days ago), the
29 last version (037) failed, but 036-r4 worked perfectly.
30
31 Regards.
32 --
33 Canek Peláez Valdés
34 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias