From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Measuring USB "packet loss"
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:09:56
1 Hello,
2
3 Some background: I'm running an experiment that is sensitive to USB
4 latency of a few milliseconds. During a typical overnight run I
5 encounter a handful such "latency events" and I am trying to
6 understand why they happen. If you can recommend kernel
7 settings/hacks that will decrease USB latency, please share!
8
9 ===
10
11 Q: How can I retrieve a count of USB transmissions that failed or were
12 retransmitted? (analogous to ifconfig on ethernet)
13
14 Regarding this question:
15
16 a) Can you answer it?
17
18 b) Can you recommend something I can read that will answer it?
19
20 c) Can you recommend somewhere for me to ask this question where it
21 can be answered?
22
23 ===
24