From: Hareesh Nagarajan <hareesh.nagarajan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Gentoo user using FC2 on his test machine hits an unfathomable VFS Panic!
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:38:43
1 Hi,
2
3 I installed FC2 on my test machine, to test my kernels and I keep
4 hitting the following VFS panic error:
5
6 http://www.cs.uic.edu/~hnagaraj/vfs-panic.png
7
8 My grub.conf looks like this:
9
10 <snip>
11 default=1
12 timeout=10
13 title FC2
14 root (hd0,0)
15 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=/dev/sda2
16 initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img
17
18 title test
19 root (hd0,0)
20 kernel /bzImage ro root=/dev/sda2
21 </snip>
22
23 The first kernel (default=0) works fine. The second kernel (default=1)
24 is a vanilla 2.6.13.1 and contains no modules; that is everything has
25 been compiled in, so I figured that I do *not* need a ramdisk (initrd)
26 and just having the kernel - bzImage (compressed kernel) is ample. The
27 config file is here:
28
29 http://www.cs.uic.edu/~hnagaraj/test-config
30
31 The relevant sections from my fstab look like this:
32
33 <snip>
34 /dev/sda2 / ext3 defaults 1 1
35 /dev/sda1 /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
36 </snip>
37
38 Am I missing something?
39
40 Thanks,
41
42 Hareesh
43 PS: I haven't yet tried the kernel on my Gentoo box.
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list