From: Heiko <mails@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lightweight & Simple Proxy that supports upstream authentication
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:08:28
1 > On Monday 20 May 2013 11:31:31 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 > I'm looking for a simple HTTP+FTP proxy that supports upstream
5 authentication.
6 > The reason is that we (that is, my employer) have a server that requires
7 Internet access for its setup, but for some reason* my employer does not want
8 to give the contractors a login for the corporate proxy.
9 > I'm planning of setting up a simple proxy to authenticate against the
10 corporate proxy using one of my credentials, and have the contractor use this
11 simple proxy instead of the corporate one.
12 > I think Squid can do that... but is there a simpler solution? I truly don't
13 need caching, inter-proxy coordination, or other exotic stuff. Just a way to
14 allow other people to authenticate against the corporate proxy using my
15 credentials, but without giving my credentials away.
16 > (Of course the simple proxy will be installed on a totally separate system,
17 one under my full control and nobody else's)
18
19 cntlm is what you looking for
20 http://cntlm.sourceforge.net/
21
22 It's available for linux and windows. Depending on your needs.
23
24 I'm using it for years and it's doing really well. It needs a little time to
25 create a config file. But it's really powerful. It's even possible to provide
26 your contractors a config file within your credentials. hint: see the -M
27 option or just use it with interactive prompt (-I option).
28
29 heiko