From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with mounting an ISO file as non-root
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 04:01:14
1 Hi Norberto,
2
3 On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > What can I do to be able to mount an arbitrary ISO image to an
5 > > arbitrary mount point from the command line as non-root user?
6 >
7 > fuse-iso ?
8
9 While fuse-iso would certainly do this for me, I was hoping it's
10 possible with the mount command directly.
11
12 The reason for this is that this mounting/unmounting is also in some
13 automated tests which will find their way onto machines of others who
14 may not have fuse-iso configured. Currently we simply require the
15 tests to be run as root. I won't be adding another dependency just to
16 get around this.
17
18 Thanks though,
19 Mike