From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To emerge openbox or gparted...that is the question...(William Tuxpeare)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:14:57
1 Hi Miroslav,
2
3 I started using computers with 14...
4
5 The root I am installing is in a separate directory, which
6 I use chrooted.
7
8 Over the years I was locked out several times because I was using
9 "sophisticated backup software" and the "the most advanced backup
10 strategy"
11 ;)
12 ...in the end, when the system had gone gaga, I neither had the
13 software anymore nor the informations, what backyp was incremental,
14 fundamental, global, local or whatever.
15
16 Now I have two identical harddiscs: One is for daily usage and the second
17 is an 1:1 image copy of the first one.
18 Getting my system up again after -- for example -- a hard head creash
19 is done in minutes: Change harddisk, reboot...Voila!
20
21 While building the new root I have attached an external 2.5" harddisk
22 for temporary backups and snapshot of what I am trying to acchieve.
23
24 Cheers
25 Meino
28 Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> [17-02-18 14:04]: