From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] restrictive equery depends
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:43:27
1 On 28 Jan, Crístian Viana wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > is there any way I could search for packages that depend on a specific
5 > ebuild version? for example, I want to find out what packages depend exactly
6 > on virtual/jdk:1.5 (and not virtual/jdk:1.4 nor virtual/jdk-1.6). if I do
7 > this search:
8 >
9 > $ equery depends virtual/jdk:1.5
10 >
11 > it will show me all packages that virtual/jdk:1.5 satisfies, but I need the
12 > packages that depend only on that version (or slot, in this case).
13 >
14 > this would be useful because I may have both versions of Java installed, but
15 > I just want to have the latest version (1.6), so I need to find out what
16 > packages are pulling the older version.
19 Hi,
20
21 take Neil Bothwick's swiss army knife :
22
23 emerge -vp --depclean virtual/jdk:1.5
24
25 (it's a special case of emerge, showing which packages have pulled in
26 the package given on the command line.)
27
28 Thanks Neil!
29
30 Helmut.