From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login on Courier-imap server
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:16:38
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:38:58 +0200 Johannes Skov Frandsen
4 <joe@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I have installed Courier-imap on my server and I'm trying to test it,
7 > which is not going that well...
8 >
9 > When I try to telnet in to it I can connect but I can't log in.
10 >
11 > Am I using the right commands when I test?
12
13 No, not really.
14
15 > This is the output from telnet
16 >
17 > telnet 127.0.0.1 imap
18 > Trying 127.0.0.1...
19 > Connected to 127.0.0.1.
20 > Escape character is '^]'.
21 > * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
22 > THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION
23 > STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision,
24 > Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.
25 > login second@×××××××.com
26 > login NO Error in IMAP command received by server.
27 > Connection closed by foreign host.
28
29 You need to prefix the command by a sequence that identifies the query.
30 Also, you need to pass a password to the "login" command. So what you
31 should have issued is "01 LOGIN user password". Further details in
32 RFC 3501 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3501.html).
33
34 -hwh
35 --