From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:46:33
1 On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
5 > >>> gentoo's installer is EASY if you just read the docs.
6 > >>
7 > >> I'd rather be installing and waiting for the installer to tell me what
8 > >> to do rather than go read docs somewhere else :P
9 > >
10 > > and when the nice installer fucks up, you are screwed.
11 >
12 > You're screwed anyway if you can't use the CLI installer correctly.
13 > Reading the docs is fine, but they're written for geeks, not normal
14 > people. Normal people don't have a clue what the docs are talking about :)
15
16 and gentoo was never meant for the clueless.