From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] random, hard lockups
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:17:22
1 Are your SCSI drives terminated properly?
2
3 On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Matt Garman wrote:
6 > My system has been experiencing random, hard (must physically
7 > reboot) lockups over the last year or so. The lockups are thus far
8 > completely unpredictable, and it always occurs when I'm not at my
9 > computer (during the night, at work, etc). When the computer goes
10 > into this hard lock up state, the monitor is blank (but not in power
11 > save mode); the computer will respond to pings; I cannot ssh into
12 > the computer.
13 >
14 > I just ran 14 hours of memtest86+ and found no errors.
17 Brett I. Holcomb
18 brettholcomb@×××××××××××××.net
19 Registered Linux User #188143
20 Remove R777 to email