From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kdm 4.2.2 not configurable?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:22:34
1 Howdy,
2
3 Well I just went back to using two monitors in twinview mode after a few
4 months of single monitor suffering. But now when KDM start I get half a
5 screen of garbage on the left half of the left monitor and on the right
6 half of the right monitor. OK, should just need to set the background
7 image. So head over to Computer, System Settings, Advanced, Login
8 Manager but got a problem, everything there is disabled. Docs imply
9 there should be an Admin button but it's not there (Have: Help,
10 Defaults, Reset(disabled), & Apply(disabled)).
11
12 Thinking, oh well, off to /usr/kde/4.2/share/config/kdm, edit kdmrc and
13 set GreeterScreen to -1 (the only multi display setting I saw) to see
14 what happens. Ran genkdmconf. Restarted xdm. No change.
15
16 Any ideas?
17
18 TIA,