From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Power supply or motherboard dead?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:12:18
1 On Wednesday 19 March 2008 8:41:52 am Grant wrote:
2 > A Gentoo desktop of mine won't turn on anymore. I was hoping it was
3 > the power supply but I've installed a new one which doesn't fix the
4 > problem. Is there a sure way to know if the motherboard needs
5 > replacement or if I have two dead power supplies?
6 >
7 > - Grant
8
9 Quite possibly your cpu and/or cooling fan. To test this...pull your current
10 units out, hook-up a known good fan (without any cpu) and apply power.
11 If the fan spins, you've isolated your problem.
12
13 -jm
14 --
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list