From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage spokes again...
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:00:54
1 On 21/12/2016 21:46, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > I suggest ignoring this for the moment and see if the info above
4 > resolves your systemd issues. I'm not sure why kwin has the
5 > dependency that it does, but it looks to me like it is set up as a
6 > hard dependency that you can't avoid without modifying the ebuild.
7
8 Ignore what I said in another reply, you are correct about kwin:
9
10 COMMON_DEPEND="
11 ...
12 $(add_frameworks_dep kwayland)
13 ...
14 >=dev-libs/wayland-1.2
15 ...
16 media-libs/mesa[egl,gbm,gles2?,wayland]
17
18 > Installing wayland shouldn't actually hurt anything. I noticed that I
19 > have it installed likely for the same reason, and it isn't like it
20 > will start running on its own. But, I'm not sure yet whether you can
21 > avoid it.
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com