From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xml mode for emacs [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 07:10:02
1 Le 09 octobre à 08:37:36 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net> écrit notamment:
2
3 | Le 09 octobre à 02:49:03 "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel@××××××.org> écrit notamment:
4 >
5 | | Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
6 | >
7 | | > Hi all,
8 | | > I emerged nxml to edit xml files with emacs; it works great, but when I
9 | | > open an xml file it is sgml xml-mode, I have to switch to nxml by hand;
10 | | > this seems to be new since some time ago nxml was the default mode.
11 | | > In the site-gentoo.el file which is generated every time a packet from
12 | | > app-emacs is installed, I have the following:
13 | >
14 | | What does your ~/.emacs file look like? Does it have:
15 | >
16 | | (load "site-gentoo")
17 | >
18 | | The site-gentoo.el appears to work fine for me on Emacs 22.0.50.1. However,
19 | | if you load neither 'site-gentoo' nor the equivalent code in your ~/.emacs
20 | | file, then the default for Emacs is SGML mode.
21 >
22 | I do have it already in .emacs
23
24 Looking at the nxml website (I should have done it first!), I see my problem is
25 known; adding "(fset 'xml-mode 'nxml-mode)" to .emacs solves it.
26 bye,
27 --
28 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
29 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
30 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list