From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mp3/stream player?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 07:46:15
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am looking for a mp3 and stream player (playing mp3 streams and m3u
5 > directly) as a standalone player and for combination with streamtuner.
6 >
7 > Ideal would be a player which itsself can scan for internet radio
8 > stations, tune in, play and record in different files as streamripper
9 > so I can skip streamtuner.
10 >
11 > I tried audacious but I cannot convince it to play anything.
12 >
13 > Is there anything aout there, which is still be developped,
14 > non-bloated and stable, which I could give a try?
15 >
16 > Thank you very much for you help in advance!
17 >
18 > Kind regards,
19 > Meino Cramer
25 You can't really go wrong with VLC, although finding a stream is usually
26 somewhat hard if you don't already have the URL. Other options are
27 Listen or Rhythmbox; try them out and see which you come to prefer.