From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: sendmail blocked by ssmtp...]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:29:42
1 Shawn Haggett wrote:
2
3 > If a package needs to send mail it requires that there be a package
4 > installed that can do it. If you don't have anything installed this will
5 > default to ssmtp. However you *SHOULD* be able to to simply unmerge it,
6 > then emerge sendmail and it will work. If you are worried about it
7 > breaking things, just try a:
8 > emerge -Duvp world
9
10 Thanks, it works. I unmerged ssmtpd, and emerged sendmail.
11 No complaining about dependencies broken...
12
13 I'm rather new to this "portage-world", and I've lost track of all
14 softwares I installed. Can portage somehow list all packages which
15 have been installed?
16
17 Jarry
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list