From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, HacDC Public Discussion <blabber@×××××.org>, Chatter <chatter@×××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] WARNING: Crucial MX300 drives SUUUUUCK!!!!
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:41:04
1 Dear god, I think I have come in contact with one of the suckiest things
2 in the universe!
3
4 I mean first there are supermassive black holes... OK... Then there's
5 Crucial MX300 SSDs, and in a distant third there's Justin Beiber.
6
7 I mean the absolute suckyness of MX300 SSDs defy human comprehension. I
8 mean you could connect one of these:
9 http://www.zmescience.com/science/biggest-most-poweful-engine-world/ to
10 a suction pump and it couldn't possibly suck one quintillionth as much
11 as this SSD...
12
13 I mean if the power goes out, and you want to do some vacuuming, just
14 put your MX300 behind the bag in your vacuum and it'll work better than
15 normal.
16
17 Seriously, what could possibly suck harder than a SSD which dies stone
18 cold dead after only 20 days?!?!?! Thank god I had done nothing worse
19 than store my rusty old Velociraptor on a shelf, and by good fortune it
20 only took about two days to get it updated... I really hadn't intended
21 to ever use it again. =\
22
23 I'm not sure what lesson I should take away from this except that
24 Crucial does not have any business selling SSDs. =\
25
26 I'm not sure where to go from here. My 'raptor is very close to
27 exceeding it's reliable lifespan, by some standards it already has...
28 But now the QC of these SSDs has been shown to be outrageously bad. =(
29
30 So does anyone have any evidence of a current generation SSD lasting
31 more than 20 days?
34 Strange Game.
35 The only winning move is not to play.
36
37 Powers are not rights.