From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage & foomatic problem: SOLVED
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 14:37:53
1 Selon Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2 ----<snip>----
3 >
4 > That version of foomatic is no longer in portage but you have it
5 > installed and it DEPENDS on something that is also not in portage.
6 > Apparently, you ran emerge --sync then this happened. It does happen
7 > sometimes. So: emerge foomatic first, then foomatic-db-ppds to get the
8 > latest that is in portage.
9 >
10 > That might not work due to DEPENDs order, in which case you must unmerge
11 > all foomatic packages and remerge them from scratch. This is a bit
12 > drastic with updates and blockers and isn't normally necessary. But
13 > sometimes it is, this looks like one of those times.
16 Finally, emerge --unmerge foomatic worked, removing no file but removing
17 "foomatic" from /var/lib/portage world. Updated foomatic-* packages are still
18 there.
19 Thanks for the help, I was lost as I didn't realize that emerge was trying to
20 update a meta-package (foomatic) no more in portage...
21 Thanks,
24 ~adj~
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list