From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unexpected interrupt
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:15:51
1 Sorry,
2
3 I still cannot reply from the web interface on gmane.
4 And this is an different approach suggesting for Peter's Chrony issues
5 so it might warrant a new thread anyway.
6
7 <snip>
8 The installation-default file causes the start-stop-daemon to catch an
9 unexpected interrupt and report an error, even though the chronyd
10 process
11 continues to run.
12
13 Any time I run 'strace -ff -o/tmp/chronyd.strace /etc/init.d/chronyd
14 start' the init process runs normally and I'm left with scores of trace
15 files, none of which help because the stray interrupt wasn't detected
16 <end/snip>
17
18 So, a while back the excellent tools of trace-cmd and kernelshark (part of
19 trace-cmd) were added to the portage tree.
20
21 Here is a little 'diddy' that might get you going [1]. Also, there is much
22 posted on the use of ftrace, trace-cmd and kernelshark. These very powerful
23 tools take a while to master. Often, I try to recreate deep performance
24 problems on minimal system, just to reduce the amount of data one has to parse.
27 ..........
28 Thanksgiving:: WE *all* have thanks to give to others for a very wide
29 variety of reasons, regardless of ilk. So the original, spiritually
30 oriented, nature of a giving thanks and sharing a meal with others, has
31 caught on world wide. Sharing a meal, and the breaking of bread between
32 folks, is as old as humanity itself. When a spiritual dimension is added, it
33 only becomes a more powerful message that transcends time and space.
34 Ultimately it is a time of peace, harmony and a celebration of life,
35 civility and the giving (spirit) that comprises "good will" amongst us all.
38 happy thanksgiving,
39 and peace to all!
40 James
41