From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel configuration problem -- genkernel: no irq handler; manual config: root filesystem could not be mounted r/w
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 03:04:06
1 On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 02:57:58PM +0800, rocwhite168 wrote
2
3 > On the other hand, I'm trying to configure the kernel manually. I
4 > did this according to several online tutorials, but it still won't
5 > even start up: "Root filesystem could not be mounted read/write." Can
6 > anyone please have a look at my configuration? Thank you very much!
7
8 One more helpful piece of info; boot from the install CD (or a Knoppix
9 Live CD for that matter) and mount a USB stick and run...
10
11 lsmod > info.txt
12
13 ...and post the contents of info.txt. That will give us an idea of what
14 modules are used when the system successfully boots. Also, do you have
15 AHCI support enabled?
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>