From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Overlay for wickr
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 21:31:12
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Would anyone know which overlay has wickr[1], or if there is an ebuild
5 > for it? I can't find it in portage.
6
7 wickr appears to be closed source, from what I read.
8
9 > Also, do you use it and what do you think of it? Is it as secure
10 > as claimed? [1] https://www.wickr.com/downloads/
13 It's going to take a while. It is possible even upon duplication
14 that is has the ability to self corrupt. Is there going to be
15 an algorithm that reconstructs after destruction?
16
17 I'm quite certain the NSA and such folks have legends of mathmaticians
18 and coders working on that: image restoration alogs....
21 I have found a few open source "self destructing" projects, here's
22 one you can read about [1]. For sure it is time for Gentooers to find
23 something and at least hack an embuild/overlay for it for use to
24 experiment around with. File a bug about needing a self destruction
25 option in gmail, such as mxhero [2] is another hack out there.
28 [1]
29 http://www.reddit.com/r/onions/comments/1p6ju4/announcing_lethe_a_new_open_source/
30
31 [2] http://www.mxhero.com/self-destructing-emails.html