From: Ben Kelly <bkelly@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend questions
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 02:50:01
1 James Colby wrote:
2 > I have trying to set up Suspend on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop. The laptop is
3 > currently running a 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 kernel. I emerged the suspend2
4 > sources, copied the .config from the 2.6.19 directory and ran make
5 > oldconfig. I then configured the suspend options in the kernel via the
6 > docs in the wiki. When I try to boot the suspend kernel, the system
7 > fails to boot because it can't find any of the filesystems located in my
8 > /etc/fstab. The reason for that is because the suspend kernel is configuring
9 > my hard disk as /dev/hda and my standard kernel is configuring it as
10 > /dev/sda. Does anyone know how I can get the suspend kernel to assign
11 > my hard disk as /dev/sda?
12
13 I had this problem when I upgraded my kernel a month ago or so. I
14 believe it occurred because the standard ATA driver grew support for my
15 SATA hardware. It was unfortunately probing before the SATA driver and
16 grabbing the device.
17
18 The best solution I found was to add the following to the boot line in grub:
19
20 hda=noprobe hda=none
21
22 Hope that helps.