From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage wants KDE4, I don't
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:12:38
1 On November 25, 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I decided to give portage 2.1.6_rc1 a try. Now it wants to upgrade my
3 > KDE3 to KDE4. I never unmasked or keyworded any KDE4 stuff. Any
4 > options other than removing portage 2.1.6_rc1 again?
5
6 1st of all, I'm running 2.2.x versions of portage and never had KDE4 magically
7 unmasked. You'd better check your setup. I do realize that 2.2.x is not
8 2.1.6_rc1, but what I mean - it must be either a bug in portage or your
9 setup. Find where the problem originates. Do you have ~arch KDE3 ? I suppose
10 you don't run ~arch branch, right?
13 Dmitry Makovey
14 Web Systems Administrator
15 Athabasca University