From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the most error resistant filesystem?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 04:26:57
1 On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Hello people!
3 >
4 > Now, I have the same question as this guy:
5 >
6 > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=66651
7 >
8 > I.e., what is the most robust filesystem for Linux?
9 >
10 > The box will be used as a gateway/firewall for a branch office, so I really
11 > couldn't care less about filesystem performance. But the utility power there
12 > is horrendous, so I need something that can shrug off a catastrophic power
13 > loss, and/or very fast fsck.
14
15 ISO9660? Read-only, error correction, and have logging go over the
16 network to something else.
17
18 (Well, ISO9660 isn't required; any read-only media with a read-only
19 filesystem would probably do.)
22 :wq