From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote install @Hetzner
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:12:11
1 * Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
2
3 Hi folks,
4
5 > chroot /gentoo ls -la / 2>&1 > /FOO
6 >
7 > that file is created, but empty.
8 >
9 > hmm, perhaps I'll have to use absolute pathes ... ;-o
10
11 The absolute pathes were missing, now chroot works and
12 /sbin/rc leaves his note. But still the system doesnt come up :(
13
14 Is there anyway for logging what's happending in the first
15 bootup stages to some file ?
16
17 Ah, maybe some idea: the sdb1 fs is an ext2 (was my mistake,
18 I wanna have ext3), so maybe the checkroot stuff might try to
19 run fsck first and fails. I'll try either mounting it ro or
20 convert to ext3 ... is there any way for skipping the fsck at all ?
23 cu
24 --
26 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
28 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
29 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
30 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
31 http://patches.metux.de/
33 --
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list