From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:25:43
1 On 2013-08-18 5:16 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > While we're on the topic, what's the obsession with having different
3 > bits of the file hierarchy as different*mount points*? That harks back
4 > to the days when the only way to have a chunk of fs space be different
5 > was to have it as a separate physical thing and mount it. Nowadays we
6 > have something better - ZFS. To me this makes so much more sense. I have
7 > a large amount of storage called a pool, and set size limits and
8 > characteristics for various directories without having to deal with
9 > fixed size volumes.
10
11 Eh? *Who* has ZFS? Certainly not the linux kernel.