From: Nick Smith <nick.smith79@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] courier problems
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:37:39
1 ive been trying to setup a mail server following the how-to at
2 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Linux_Virtual_Hosting_Server#Virtual_Mail_Hostingand
3 everything seems to have been setup correctly, but i keep getting
4 these
5 errors and cant login
6
7 Nov 22 23:28:29 mail imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
8 Nov 22 23:28:29 mail imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=nick.smith@××××××.com,
9 ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
10 Nov 22 23:28:29 mail imapd: authentication error: Input/output error
11
12 i get this everytime i try to login either via an email client or via
13 squirrelmail, squirrelmail gives me a "* ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP
14 server." *error*. *i can however login using mutt on the local machine and
15 see that the mail is indeed coming in. so postfix is doing its job. this
16 has been a work in progress and over the last month i have been googling
17 tring to find answers, i came across a post on squarism.com that said to
18 downgrade to courier-authlib from 0.57 to 0.55 that it was a shared library
19 problem, so i did that, and it still doesnt work, i have restarted services
20 and even rebooted and still nothing.
21
22 i have set up mail servers with gentoo before using an older version of this
23 how-to and it worked flawlessly, i know that there have been changes going
24 on with gentoo, like with the apache config files and stuff like that, so im
25 pretty sure something like that happened to courier. but has anyone had
26 this problem and possibly know how to correct it? can anyone point me in
27 the right direction?
28
29 thanks
30