From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: new printer suggestions?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:26:04
1 On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:01:05 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > > I have a Brother MFC-7460DN network laser AIO. Both printing and
4 > > scanning work fine, using modified ebuilds from b.g.o. Duplex
5 > > printing also works as expected.
8 > So I started looking at the drivers at the bgo overlay,
9 > I did fine: brother-mfc-j265w-drivers-1
10 >
11 > http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#DCP-J315W
12 >
13 > Is that the drive you used?
14 > How will I know it works with the printer I'm looking at?
15 > (MFC-J6710DW )
16
17 I looked at the Brother site to find the driver to use, then looked at
18 the wiki and bgo and found an ebuild for the previous model, which I
19 edited to use the drivers for my printer.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Love and Trust: Oral sex between cannibals.