From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Terminals not closing after exit anymore
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:53:35
1 Marc Stürmer <mail@×××××××××××××.de> [13-11-24 15:16]:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > I've got a strange behaviour since a couple of weeks.
5 >
6 > When working under X11 in a terminal and I type "exit" in the shell,
7 > the terminal does not close itself anymore.
8 >
9 > Already changed the shell - no change at all.
10 >
11 > Also does Ctrl+Z not work anymore, to bring the process running in the
12 > foreground into the background.
13 >
14 > When trying Ctrl+Z on the text console it is the same.
15 >
16 > Since I am somewhat confused about that kind of behaviour and where to
17 > fix it - any ideas to get it back working properly?
18 >
19 > Thanks in advance.
22 Hi,
23
24 check wether the problem is related to the shell/terminal or
25 to keyboard related things:
26
27 In a terminal type
28
29 cat <return>
30
31 Then press a couple of CTRL/<something> keys except ^D.
32
33 If you can see -- for example -- ^E when pressing CTRL-E,
34 then the control codes are received by the shell/terminal,
35 therefore keyboard related things are not to blame.
36
37 If so check the shell init files for remapping the keycodes.
38 Maybe revdep rebuild will show a library, which is used by
39 the shell was updated but the shell was not rebuild.
40 Or something like that.
41
42 Only a shot in the dark...
43