From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Difficulties to install a bootloader for the new system
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 15:19:03
1 On 07/04/20 11:32, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > When I boot this setup, grub starts and displays:
4 >
5 > booting Linux 5051500-64-RT ...
6 >
7 > and freezes. I have to powercycle the whole thing.
8
9 If you're getting there, your firmware was successful in loading GRUB
10 from your system partition, so you can probably rule out problems with
11 partitioning or GRUB setup and concentrate on the actual kernel.
12
13 Make sure your kernel has CONFIG_FB_EFI=y (it's under Device
14 Drivers/Graphics support/Frame buffer Devices/Support for frame buffer
15 defices/EFI-based Framebuffer Support), or you won't see any output from
16 the kernel until your video driver is loaded.
17
18 andrea