From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] confused udev?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:23:44
1 On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > On 11/23/05, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
4 > > this time. This is just totally unreliable. I guess I'll boot from
5 > > KNOPPIX, to see whether it may be a kernel problem...
6 >
7 > Yes, do that. And if it works I guess you will need to start
8 > comparing the Knoppix kernel configuration to yours. Maybe your
9 > hardware requires ACPI and/or IO-APIC support to function
10 > correctly...I don't know.
11 >
12 ACPI didn't seem to change anything. But I did reformat the key with
13 fdisk, making a new empty DOS partition table and then making a
14 partition and fs following your instructions. It seems to be OK now---at
15 least both devices are recognized when I insert the key (meaning: no
16 need to insert it twice). Maybe the problem was with the original
17 partition table (and zeroing the first block didn't fix it...).
18
19 Thank you for all your support.
20
21 Jorge