From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gambas-3.10.0 installed from jorgicio overlay can't run
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 07:29:03
1 On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 1:04 AM, Kruglov Sergey <kr_serge@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I installed the 'gambas-3.10.0' from the overlay 'jorgicio'
5 > (http://data.gpo.zugaina.org/jorgicio/dev-lang/gambas/)
6 > And I can't run it. In /usr/bin/gambas3 there is a link to 'gambas3.gambas'
7 > and 'gambas3.gambas' not found.
8 > Maybe somebody already fix it?
11 I found https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1046778-start-0.html. It
12 may or may not be what you are looking for, it seems someone
13 recommends installing from source and avoiding the overlay. Typically
14 for small projects this is decent advice. Most overlays are not very
15 high quality, mainly due to the sole maintainer finding other things
16 to do.
17
18 If you can figure out what the executable name is supposed to be, you
19 can find where it is with `find` or `locate`. You may have to build it
20 from source in your $HOME to figure out what it's called.
21
22 Cheers,
23 R0b0t1