From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cpufrequtils can't find expected /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:41:23
1 On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:28:34 +0200, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq does not exist but
4 > > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu{0..3}/cpufreq do
5 >
6 > Strange, on my system it does exist:
7 >
8 > When going through the CPUFREQ options in menuconfig, the following
9 > option mentions a "boost" entry:
10 > **********
11 > CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ_CPB:
12 > The powernow-k8 driver used to provide a sysfs knob called
13 > "cpb" to disable the Core Performance Boosting feature of AMD CPUs.
14 > This file has now been superseeded by the more generic "boost"
15 > entry.
16 >
17 > By enabling this option the acpi_cpufreq driver provides the
18 > old entry in addition to the new boost ones, for compatibility
19 > reasons.
20
21 I don't have the directory even on systems with this kernel option
22 enabled, it must be something else.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 "Press Return to Continue" - known as "The Mail Menupause".