From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] sendmail relay to gmail smtp server
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 00:43:37
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 >> | Athinfo:smtp.gmail.com "U:root" "I:hputnam3@×××××.com" "P:??XX??" "M:
6 >> | LOGIN PLAIN" Athinfo:smtp.gmail.com:587 "U:root" "I:hputnam3@×××××.com"
7 >> | "P:??XX??" "M: LOGIN PLAIN"
8 >>
9 >> `----
10 >
11 > Did you try just "M: PLAIN" without the "LOGIN" ?
12 >
13 > If PLAIN doesn't do it, then use just LOGIN.
14 >
15 > Unless you have a typo in there, try starting the stanzas with: "AuthInfo:"
16
17 It was that silly typo causing my grief. The various kinds of login
18 do not seem to make any difference it just works now.
19
20 [...]
21
22 Mick Wrote:
23 > I am going from memory here (no access to the server at this moment) but I
24 > recall that this entry should be in /etc/mail/client-info instead, and you
25 > will need of course to create the client-info.db after your changes:
26
27 It seems not to matter where inside /etc/mail you keep authinfo as
28 long as there is a line in sendmail.mc pointing to the location like
29 mine does.
30
31 >> FEATURE(`authinfo', `hash /etc/mail/authinfo')dnl
32
33 Many thanks for the helpful input. Your sharp I spotted the one fatal
34 problem. I doubt if I would have found that in a month of Sundays.