From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote desktop to WinXP from Gentoo
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 21:24:46
1 On Sunday 01 October 2006 21:56, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3
4 > > Thank you. Given that grdesktop is just a gnome front end (equivalent to
5 > > krdc, which I believe requires vnc) are any solutions that work with the
6 > > default WinXP remote desktop/remote assistance set up?
7 >
8 > No, grdesktop is a front-end for "net-misc/rdesktop" which is an RDP
9 > (Remnote Desktop Protocol) client. This is exactly what you need to
10 > connect to MS WinXP's "Remote Desktop" service. "emerge grdesktop" will
11 > pull rdesktop as a dependency. That's all you need. No Installation of
12 > VNC Server at the Windows computer.
13
14 Thanks Daniel, I really like the sound of this, but there's a catch. I do not
15 run Gnome on my machine and grdesktop is of course also pulling in a load of
16 Gnome libraries and dependencies. Is there a non-Gnome grdesktop equivalent?
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick